- Section 1-1 Definitions
- Section 1-2 How Code Cited.
- Section 1-3 Matters Included in and Excluded from Code
- Section 1-4 Effect of Repeal or Expiration of Code Provisions
- Section 1-5 New Provisions Considered Continuations of Similar Existing Provisions
- Section 1-6 References to General Statutes that are Later Amended
- Section 1-7 Section Headings
- Section 1-8 Computation of Time
- Section 1-9 Delegation of Authority
- Section 1-10 Penalties
- Section 1-11 Severability
- Section 1-12 Miscellaneous
Article I - Meetings
- Section 2-1 Regular Meetings
- Section 2-2 Special Meetings
- Section 2-3 Emergency Meetings
- Section 2-4 Continued or Recessed Meetings
Article II - General Meeting Procedures
- Section 2-6 Agenda
- Section 2-7 Order of Business
- Section 2-8 Presiding Officer
- Section 2-9 Quorum
- Section 2-10 Taking Official Action
- Section 2-11 Debate
- Section 2-12 Voting.
- Section 2-13 Adoption of Ordinances
- Section 2-14 Executive Sessions
- Section 2-15 Public Hearings
- Section 2-16 Minutes
Article III - Motions
- Section 2-21 Substantive and Procedural Motions.
- Section 2-22 Motion to Amend.
- Section 2-23 Motions to Dispose of Issue Without Deciding Merits
- Section 2-24 Motions to Revive or Reconsider an Issue
- Section 2-25 Reconsideration of Matters Disposed of on the Merits
- Section 2-26 Motion to Terminate Debate.
- Section 2-27 Miscellaneous Motions.
Article IV - Miscellaneous
- Section 2-31 Qualifications for Office
- Section 2-32 Appointments
- Section 2-33 Reference to Robert’s Rules of Order
Article I - General Administration
- Section 3-1 Mayor
- Section 3-2 Mayor Pro Tempore
- Section 3-3 Town Manager
- Section 3-4 Town Clerk
- Section 3-5 Town Attorney. .
Article II - Finance
- Section 3-7 Finance Officer.
- Section 3-8 Budget Officer
- Section 3-9 Tax Collector
Article III - Personnel
- Section 3-12 Personnel Responsibilities of Board.
- Section 3-13 Personnel Officer
Article IV - Public Safety
- Section 3-16 Police Department
- Section 3-17 Fire Department
Article V - Planning and Regulation of Development
- Section 3-20 Building Inspections Department
- Section 3-21 Permit Fees
- Section 3-22 Condemnation of Unsafe Buildings
- Section 3-23 Planning Board, Board of Adjustment, Appearance Commission
Article VI - Public Works and Utilities
- Section 3-26 Public Works Department
- Section 3-27 Water and Sewer Department
Article VII - Recreation
- Section 3-30 Parks and Recreation Department
Article VIII - Miscellaneous
Section 5-1 Excessive, Unnecessary, Loud Noises Prohibited
Section 5-1.1 No Service or Consumption Outside Enclosed Structure
Section 5-1.2 Terminology
Section 5-1.3 Noises Expressly Prohibited
Section 5-1.4 Owner and Occupant Responsibility.
Section 5-1.5 Exceptions
Section 5-1.6 Enforcement
Section 5-1.7 Penalties and Remedies
Section 5-3 Discharge of Firearms and Air Rifles.
Section 5-4 Operation of Public Enterprises Without Franchise
Section 5-5 Begging Prohibited
Section 5-6 Consumption of Beer and Wine on Public Property Prohibited.
Section 5-7 Display of Sexually Explicit Materials
Section 5-8 Penalties and Remedies
- Section 3-40 Oaths and Bonds of Officers and Employees
Article I - Definitions and Interpretations
- Section 6-1 Definitions and Rules of Construction
Article II - Traffic Control and Traffic Control Devices
- Section 6-2 Stoplights Required at Certain Intersections and Locations
- Section 6-3 Flashing Red or Yellow Lights Required at Certain Intersections
- Section 6-4 Stop Signs Required at Certain Intersections
- Section 6-5 One-Way Streets
- Section 6-6 Yield-Right-of-Way Signs at Certain Intersections
- Section 6-7 Turning Regulated
- Section 6-8 Unlawful Passing.
- Section 6-9 Crosswalks and Safety Zones
- Section 6-10 Blocking Intersections and Crosswalks
Article III - Speed Limits
- Section 6-19 General Speed Limit
- Section 6-20 Speed Limits
Article IV - Parking
- Section 6-23 Parking Prohibited; No Traffic Control Devices Required
- Section 6-24 Parking Prohibited on Certain Streets at Certain Times
- Section 6-25 Parking Prohibited for Certain Purposes
- Section 6-26 Parking Close to Curb; Marked Spaces
- Section 6-27 Angle Parking.
- Section 6-28 Loading Zones Designated
Article V - Miscellaneous
- Section 6-30 Funeral Possessions
- Section 6-31 Special Provisions for Bicycles, Toy Vehicles, et cetera
- Section 6-32.01 Golf Carts on Public Street and Roads
Article VI - Penalties and Remedies
- Section 6-35 Penalties and Remedies
Appendix A - Street Lists for Traffic and Parking Regulations
- Section 6A-1 State Highway System Streets
- Section 6A-2 Stoplights
- Section 6A-3 No Right Turn on Red Intersections
- Section 6A-4 Flashing Signals
- Section 6A-5 Stop Signs
- Section 6A-6 Four Way Stop
- Section 6A-7 One Way Streets
- Section 6A-8 Yield Intersections
- Section 6A-9 Turns Prohibited
- Section 6A-10 Crosswalks and Safety Zones
- Section 6A-11 Reserved
- Section 6A-12 Speed Limits
- Section 6A-13 Speed Limits Adjacent to Schools
- Section 6A-14 Parking Prohibited At All Times
- Section 6A-15 Parking Prohibited During Certain Hours
- Section 6A-16 Three Hour Parking Allowed
Article I - Obstructions
- Section 7-1 Obstructions Prohibited.
- Section 7-2 Overhanging or Protruding Trees, Shrubs, Fences, et cetera.
- Section 7-3 Drainage Related Interference With Sidewalks
- Section 7-4 Warnings Required for Obstructions
- Section 7-5 Depositing Injurious Materials on Street
- Section 7-6 Snow and Ice Removal
Article II - Driveways and Excavations
- Section 7-11 Driveways
- Section 7-12 Excavations
- Section 7-13 Town Indemnified
Article III - Miscellaneous
- Section 7-16 Damaging Street Surfaces, Street Signs, Other Facilities
- Section 7-17 House and Building Numbers
- Section 7-l8 Administrator
- Section 7-19 Penalties and Remedies
- Subchapter I - Privilege License Tax
Article I - Definitions and Construction
- Section 8-1 Definitions
- Section 8-2 Construction of this Subchapter
Article II - Levy of Tax
- Section 8-3 License and Payment of Tax Required.
- Section 8-4 Exemptions
- Section 8-5 Schedule of License Taxes
Article III - Licenses
- Section 8-8 Period of License
- Section 8-9 Application
- Section 8-10 Separate Businesses, Multiple Businesses
- Section 8-11 Reasons for Refusal or Revocation of a License
- Section 8-12 Unqualified Applicant; Right to a Conference
- Section 8-13 Tax Collector to Issue License; Payment of Tax a Prerequisite.
- Section 8-14 Amount of Tax Disputed
- Section 8-15 Revocation
- Section 8-16 Form and Contents of License
- Section 8-17 Assignments
- Section 8-18 Changes in Business Conducted by Licensee During Tax Year.
- Section 8-19 Tax Collector to Furnish Duplicates
- Section 8-20 Record of Conferences.
- Section 8-21 Providing Notice to an Applicant or Licensee.
- Section 8-22 Special Provisions for Beer and Wine Licenses
Article IV - Enforcement and Collections
- Section 8-26 Duty to Determine Whether Tax Due
- Section 8-27 Duty to Post License
- Section 8-28 Notice of Deficiency
- Section 8-29 Request for a Conference
- Section 8-30 Deficiency to Become Final
- Section 8-31 Conference Held.
- Section 8-32 Collection of Deficiency
- Section 8-33 Appeals
- Section 8-34 Enforcement of Chapter
- Subchapter II - Regulation and Licensing of Businesses
Article V - Taxicabs
- Section 8-40 Privilege License Required
- Section 8-41 Criteria for Privilege License
- Section 8-42 Operator's Permit
- Section 8-43 Taxicabs to Display Required Information
Article VI - Peddlers, Etc.
- Section 8-46 Definitions
- Section 8-47 Commercial Solicitation Permit Required
- Section 8-48 Application Requirements; Grounds for Denial
- Section 8-49 No Itinerant Merchants, Peddling or Soliciting in Central Business
Article VII - Penalties and Remedies
- Section 8-52 Penalties and Remedies.
- Section 9-1 State of Emergency Defined
- Section 9-2 State of Emergency Declared by Mayor
- Section 9-3 Contents of Proclamation
- Section 9-4 Publication of Proclamation
- Section 9-5 Effect of Proclamation; Curfew
- Section 9-6 Termination of State of Emergency
- Section 9-7 Penalties.
Article I - Definitions
Article II - Regulation and Control
- Section 10-2 Running at Large
- Section 10-3 Animals Creating a Nuisance
- Section 10-3.01 Cleaning Up After Animal
- Section 10-4 Appeals
- Section 10-5 Vicious Animals
- Section 10-6 Location and Maintenance of Animal Pens and Enclosures
- Section 10-7 Impoundment, Release and Destruction
- Section 10-8 Interference with Administrator
Article III - Rabies
- Section 10-13 Administrator to Cooperate in Vaccination Program.
- Section 10-14 Quarantine of Animals Suspected of Having Rabies
- Section 10-15 Disposition of Rabid Animals
Article IV - Care and Protection
- Section 10-18 Care Required; Abandonment Prohibited
- Section 10-19 Cruelty to Animals
- Section 10-20 Responsibility of Person Injuring Animal
Article V - Penalties and Remedies
- Section 10-23 Penalties and Remedies
Article I - Definitions
Article II - Control of Solid Wastes, Scrap Materials, Noxious Growth
- Section 11-2 Accumulation of Solid Wastes and Debris Prohibited
- Section 11-3 Dumping or Littering on Public or Private Property
- Section 11-4 Transportation of Solid Waste Within Town.
- Section 11-5 Burning or Burying Solid Wastes
- Section 11-6 Accumulation of Scrap Materials
- Section 11-7 Noxious Growth
Article III - Storage and Collection of Solid Wastes
- Section 11-10 Administration and Regulations
- Section 11-11 General Prohibitions
- Section 11-12 Property Owners To Provide Adequate Solid Waste Receptacles
- Section 11-13 Storage and Collection Practices: Premises Served by Dumpsters
- Section 11-14 Storage and Collection Practices: Premises Not Served by Dumpsters
- Section 11-15 Special Collections
- Section 11-16 Wet Garbage
- Section 11-17 Construction and Demolition Waste.
- Section 11-18 Contents of Solid Waste Containers; Restrictions
- Section 11-19 Maintenance of Public Access
- Section 11-20 Access to Private Property
- Section 11-21 Ownership and Control of Solid Waste
- Section 11-22 Purpose and Intent of Recycling Program.
- Section 11-23 Recycling of Solid Wastes
- Section 11-24 Manner of Collection
- Section 11-25 Penalties for Failure to Recycle
- Section 11-26 Rates.
Article IV - Abandoned and Junked Motor Vehicles
- Section 11-26.01 General Provisions
- Section 11-27 Notice Required Before Vehicle Removed
- Section 11-28 Notice Required When Vehicle Removed
- Section 11-29 Use of Private Towing Operators.
Article V - Enforcement
- Part I. Ordinary Penalties and Remedies
- Section 11-36 Penalties and Remedies
- Section 11-37 Violations Resulting from Continuing Conditions
- Part II. Extraordinary Remedies
- Section 11-38 Summary Abatement of Conditions Dangerous to the Public Health.
- Section 11-39 Notice Required
- Section 11-40 Hearing Procedures
- Section 11-41 Order
Article I - ORGANIZATION
- Section 12-1 Fire Department
- Section 12-2 Emergency Services Department
- Section 12-3 Emergency Services Director
- Section 12-4 Fire Limits
- Section 12-5 Primary Fire District
Article II - FIRE PREVENTION
- Section 12-10 Adoption of Fire Code
- Section 12-11 Fire Marshal
- Section 12-12 Inspections and Plan Review
- Section 12-13 Permits
- Section 12-14 Abatement of Hazards
Article III - GENERAL PROVISIONS
- Section 12-20 Outdoor Burning
- Section 12-21 Interfering with Fire/Rescue Activities
- Section 12-22 Fire Hydrants
- Section 12-23 Fire Lanes and Access Roads
- Section 12-24 Lock Boxes
- Section 12-25 Nuisance Alarms
Article IV - ENFORCEMENT
- Section 12-30 Penalties and Remedies
- Section 12-31 Criminal Violations
- Section 12A-1 Purpose
- Section 12A-2 Scope of Ordinance
- Section 12A-3 Definitions
- Section 12A-4 Permit Required for Use of Certain Explosives
- Section 12A-5 Permit Required for Each Separate Occasion; Continuous Permit
- Section 12A-6 Information Contained in Application
- Section 12A-7 Bond or Liability Insurance Required
- Section 12A-8 Action on Application.
- Section 12A-9 Denial of Application.
- Section 12A-10 Revocation of Blasting Permit
- Section 12A-11 Transfer
- Section 12A-12 General Provisions
- Section 12A-13 Record Keeping
- Section 12A-14 Penalties
Article I - Definitions: Application
- Section 13-1 Definitions
- Section 13-2 Application of Provisions
Article II - General Regulations
- Section 13-3 Burial Only in Cemeteries
- Section 13-4 Disruptive Activity Prohibited
- Section 13-5 Desecration of Public and Private Cemeteries
- Section 13-6 Removing or Defacing Monuments and Tombstones.
- Section 13-7 Hours of Operation
- Section 13-8 Trees, Plantings, Landscaping
Article III - Designation and Sale of Cemetery Lots
- Section 13-11 Cemetery Map Required.
- Section 13-12 Purchase of Burial Rights
- Section 13-13 Rights of Owner of Deed or Certificate of Burial Right
- Section 13-14 Speculation in Burial Rights Prohibited
Article IV - Mausoleums, Monuments, and Markers
- Section 13-17 Mausoleums
- Section 13-18 Monuments
- Section 13-19 Markers
Article V - Penalties and Remedies
- Section 13-21 Penalties and Remedies
- Subchapter I - General Provisions
Article I - General Provisions
- Section 14-1 Definitions
- Section 14-2 Penalties and Remedies.
- Subchapter II - Service to Properties Previously Connected to the Water or Sewer System
Article II - Service Regulations
- Section 14-6 Application for Service
- Section 14-7 Denial of Service for Nonpayment of Prior Accounts.
- Section 14-8 Deposit.
- Section 14-9 Rates
- Section 14-10 Minimum Service Charge
- Section 14-11 Access to Premises
- Section 14-12 Meter Reading and Determination of Charges
- Section 14-13 Bills
- Section 14-14 Verification of Meter Readings
- Section 14-15 Calculation of Bill Where Equipment Fails
- Section 14-15.1 Customer Service Line Leaks or Breaks (Adjustments)
- Section 14-16 Prohibited Activities
- Section 14-17 Town Property and Maintenance Thereof
Article III - Town and Customer Responsibilities
- Section 14-21 Town’s Responsibility and Liability.
- Section 14-22 Customer's Responsibilities.
Article IV - Service Termination and Reinstatement
- Section 14-26 Termination or Interruption of Service by Town
- Section 14-27 Notice of Proposed Termination of Service and Right of Hearing
- Section 14-28 Hearing
- Section 14-29 Stay of Termination Pending Hearing Outcome
- Section 14-30 Lessee May Take Responsibility for Payments
- Section 14-31 Procedure for Service Termination and Reinstatement
- Section 14-32 Termination at Customer's Request.
- Subchapter III - Connections to the Water and Sewer System
Article V - Connection to the Water and Sewer System Where Service is Available
- Section 14-36 Connection Required.
- Section 14-37 Permit for Connection Required
- Section 14-38 Application for Connection Permit
- Section 14-39 Rejection of Permit Application
- Section 14-40 Construction of Connections
- Section 14-41 Separate Connections Required for Each Lot
- Section 14-42 Requirements for Connection of Service Where Multiple Buildings are Located on One Lot.
- Section 14-43 Town Inspection
- Section 14-44 Laterals to Remain Town Property
- Section 14-45 Maintenance of Private Distribution and Collection Systems.
Article VI - Water and Sewer Extensions
- Section 14-52 Purpose
- Section 14-53 Goals and Objectives.
- Section 14-54 Capital Improvement Plan
- Section 14-55 Scheduled Extensions
- Section 14-56 Requests for Special Extensions
- Section 14-57 Cost to Construct Extensions Prior to Scheduled Year
- Section 14-58 Cost of Unscheduled Extensions
- Section 14-58.01 Provisions Applicable to All Extensions
- Section 14-58.02 Easements Necessary for Line Extensions
- Section 14-58.03 Dedication of Water and Sewer Line Extensions
- Section 14-58.04 Applicability of Article
Article VI(A) - Testing of Lateral Lines; Materials for New Sewer Laterals
- Section 14-59 Testing of New Lines
- Section 14-60 Inspection and Testing of Existing Lateral Lines
- Section 14-61 Specifications and Material for New Laterals
Article VII - Fire Protection Service
- Section 14-65 Fire Hydrants
- Section 14-66 Fire Protection Service Lines
- Section 14-67 Metering of Fire Protection Service Lines
- Subchapter IV - Sanitary Sewer Use
Article VIII - Sanitary Sewer Use
- Section 14-76 Article Applies Primarily to Industrial Waste
- Section 14-77 Storm Water Prohibited
- Section 14-78 Prohibited Uses
- Section 14-79 Waiver of Discharge Restrictions
- Section 14-80 Special Agreements
- Section 14-81 Permit Required for Discharge of Industrial Wastes.
- Section 14-82 Preliminary Treatment Facilities
- Section 14-83 Inspection Manhole
- Section 14-84 Determination of Character and Concentration of Wastes.
- Section 14-85 Authority for Temporary Exclusion.
- Section 14-86 Charges for Industrial Wastes
- Subchapter V - Water Shortage
Article IX - Regulation of Consumption During Designated Water Shortage
- Section 14-87 Water Shortage Deemed as Relation of Supply and Demand.
- Section 14-88 Proclamation of Water Shortage
- Section 14-89 Compliance Required in the Event of Shortage
- Section 14-90 Restrictions Applicable to Water Shortage Severity
- Section 14-91 Lifting of Restrictions Imposed During Water Shortage
- Section 14-92 Discontinuance of Service and Penalties
- Section 14-93 Injunctive Remedies
- Section 14-94 Severability
- Appendix I
- Appendix II.
Article I - Definitions and Applicability
- Section 15-1 Definitions
- Section 15-2 Applicability
Article II - Occupancy of Town Property
- Section 15-3 Opening and Closing Hours.
- Section 15-4 Temporary Restriction on Use of Fields, Courts, etc.
- Section 15-5 Private Use of Public Park Facilities.
- Section 15-6 Requests to Vacate Town Property
Article III - Use Of and Conduct On Town Property
- Section 15-10 Certain Recreational Activities Generally Prohibited.
- Section 15-11 Water Related Activities at Town Reservoir Site
- Section 15-11.01 Fishing Restrictions for Mayview Lake in Broyhill Park.
- Section 15-11.02 Dogs in Town Parks and Town Property.
- Section 15-12 Use of Motor Vehicles; Speed Limit.
- Section 15-13 Parking
- Section 15-14 Fires on Town Property
- Section 15-15 Molesting or Removing Animals
- Section 15-16 Excavation and Removal of Soil Prohibited
- Section 15-17 Weapons on Town Property
- Section 15-18 Use of Restrooms
- Section 15-19 Commercial Activity Restricted
- Section 15-20 Smoking in Town Buildings and Vehicles Regulated
Article IV - Parades, Assemblages, and Other Uses of Public Places
- Section 15-21 Definitions
- Section 15-22 Permit Required
- Section 15-23 Application for Permit.
- Section 15-24 Issuance of Permit
- Section 15-25 Alternative Permit
- Section 15-26 Conditions;Revocation of Permit
- Section 15-27 Conduct During Parade or Assembly
- Section 15-28 Appeal.
Article V - Miscellaneous
- Section 15-29 Supplementary Rules and Regulations
- Section 15-30 Penalties and Remedies
- Section 16-1.1 Short Title
- Section 16-1.2 Authority
- Section 16-1.3 Jurisdiction
- Section 16-1.4 Effective Date
- Section 16-1.5 Relationship to Existing Land Use Code
- Section 16-1.6 Relationship to Land Use Plan
- Section 16-1.7 No Use of Land or Buildings Except in Conformity With Chapter Provisions
- Section 16-1.8 Boundary Line Adjustments
- Section 16-1.9 Fees
- Section 16-2.1 Word Interpretation.
- Section 16-2.2 General Definitions
- Section 16-2.3 Adult Establishments
- Section 16-2.4 Flood Plain Definitions
- Section 16-2.5 Watershed Definitions
- Section 16-3.1 Planning Board
- Section 16-3.2 Board of Adjustment
- Section 16-3.3 Land Use Administrator
- Section 16-3.4 Board of Commissioners
- Section 16-3.5 Conflicts of Interest
- Section 16-4.1 Zoning and Conditional Use Permits
- Section 16-4.2 No Occupancy, Use or Sale of Lots Until Requirements Fulfilled
- Section 16-4.3 Who May Submit Applications.
- Section 16-4.4 Applications To Be Complete.
- Section 16-4.5 Staff Consultation Before Formal Application
- Section 16-4.6 Staff Consultation After Application Submitted
- Section 16-4.7 Zoning Permits.
- Section 16-4.8 Performance Bond to Ensure Compliance With Zoning Permit
- Section 16-4.9 Special Use Permits and Conditional Use Permits
- Section 16-4.10 Board of Commissioners Action on Conditional Use Permits.
- Section 16-4.11 Conditions to Approval of the Conditional Use Permit
- Section 16-4.12 Authorizing Use, Occupancy, or Sale Before Completion of Development Under Conditional Use Permits
- Section 16-4.13 Completing Developments in Phases
- Section 16-4.14 Expiration of Permits
- Section 16-4.15 Effect of Permit on Successors and Assigns.
- Section 16-4.16 Notice of Permit to be Recorded.
- Section 16-4.17 Amendments to and Modications of Permits.
- Section 16-4.18 Reconsideration of Board Action
- Section 16-4.19 Applications to be Processed Expeditiously.
- Section 16-4.20 Maintenance of Common Areas, Improvements, and Facilities
- Section 16-4.21 Major and Minor Subdivisions
- Section 16-5.1 Appeals
- Section 16-5.2 Variances
- Section 16-5.3 Interpretations.
- Section 16-5.4 Requests to be Heard Expeditiously
- Section 16-5.5 Burden of Proof
- Section 16-6.1 Applications or Appeal Decision
- Section 16-6.2 Notice of Hearing
- Section 16-6.3 Modification of Application on Hearing
- Section 16-6.4 Record.
- Section 16-6.5 Written Decision
- Section 16-7.1 Complaints Regarding Violations
- Section 16-7.2 Persons Liable
- Section 16-7.3 Procedures Upon Discovery of Violaltions
- Section 16-7.4 Penalties and Remedies for Violations
- Section 16-7.5 Permit Revocation
- Section 16-7.6 Judicial Review.
- Section 16-7.7 Schedule of Civil Penalties
- Section 16-8.1 Continuation of Nonconforming Situations and Completion of Nonconfroming Projects
- Section 16-8.2 Nonconforming Lots
- Section 16-8.3 Extension or Enlargement of Nonconforming Situations
- Section 16-8.4 Repair, Maintenance and Reconstruction
- Section 16-8.5 Change in Use of Property Where a Nonconforming Situation Exists
- Section 16-8.6 Abandonment and Discontinuance of Nonconforming Situations
- Section 16-8.7 Completion of Nonconforming Projects
- Section 16-8.8 Nonconforming Signs
- Section 16-9.1 Residential Districts Established
- Section 16-9.2 Nonresidential Districts Established.
- Section 16-9.3 Overlay Districts.
- Section 16-9.4 Official Map
- Section 16-9.5 Amendments to Official Zoning Map
- Section 16-10.1 Table of Permissible Uses
- Section 16-10.2 Use of the Designation Z and C in Table of Permissible Uses
- Section 16-10.3 Board of Adjustment Jurisdiction Over Uses Otherwise Permissible with a Zoning Permit
- Section 16-10.4 Board of Adjustment Jurisdiction Over Uses Otherwise Permissible with CUP
- Section 16-10.5 Permissible Uses and Specific Exclusions
- Section 16-10.6 Accessory Uses.
- Section 16-10.7 Permissible Uses Not Requiring Permits
- Section 16-10.8 Change in Use
- Section 16-10.9 Manufacturing/Processing, Etc. Uses
- Section 16-10.10 Combination Uses
- Section 16-10.11 More Specific Use Controls
- Table of Permissible Uses
- Section 16-11.1 Bed and Breakfast
- Section 16-11.2 Perimeter Fences and Walls
- Section 16-12.1 Minimum Lot Size
- Section 16-12.2 Residential Density
- Section 16-12.3 Minimum Lot Widths
- Section 16-12.4 Building Setback Requirements
- Section 16-12.5 Setback Requirements from Historic Trails
- Section 16-12.6 Central Business and Town Center District Setbacks, Building Heights, Open Space, and Green Space Requirements
- Section 16-12.7 Density on Lots Where Portion Dedicated to Town.
- Section 16-12.8 Flexibility in Applying the Standards Contained in this Article
- Section 16-13.1 Usable Open Space
- Section 16-13.2 Ownership and Maintenance of Required Open Space
- Section 16-13.3 Dedication of Open Space
- Section 16-13.4 Homeowners Associations
- Section 16-14.1 Street Classification
- Section 16-14.2 Access to Public Streets in General
- Section 16-14.3 Access to Arterial Streets
- Section 16-14.4 Entrances to Streets
- Section 16-14.5 Coordination with Surrounding Streets
- Section 16-14.6 Relationship of Streets Topography.
- Section 16-14.7 Street Width, Sidewalk, and Drainage Requirements in Subdivisions
- Section 16-14.8 General Layout of Streets
- Section 16-14.9 Street Intersections
- Section 16-14.10 Construction Standards and Specifications
- Section 16-14.11 Private Roads in Subdivisions and Access to Subdivisions by Private Roads.
- Section 16-14.12 Road and Sidewalk Requirements in Unsubdivided Developments
- Section 16-14.13 Attention to Handicapped in Street and Sidewalk Construction
- Section 16-14.14 Street Names and House Numbers.
- Section 16-14.15 Bridges.
- Section 16-14.16 Utilities.
- Section 16-14.17 Sidewalk Requirements
- Section 16-15.1 Utility Ownership and Easement Rights
- Section 16-15.2 Lots Served by Public Water or Sewer Lines.
- Section 16-15.3 Sewage Disposal Facilities Required
- Section 16-15.4 Determining Compliance with Section 16-15.3
- Section 16-15.5 Water Supply System Required
- Section 16-15.6 Determining Compliance with Section 16-15.5
- Section 16-15.7 Lighting Requirements.
- Section 16-15.8 Excessive Illumination.
- Section 16-15.9 Electric Power
- Section 16-15.10 Telephone Service
- Section 16-15.11 Underground Utilities.
- Section 16-15.12 Utilities to be Consistent with Internal and External Development
- Section 16-15.13 As-Built Drawings Required
- Section 16-15.14 Fire Hydrants.
- Section 16-15.15 Sites for and Screening of Dumpsters
- Section 16-16.1 Findings of Fact
- Section 16-16.2 Statement of Purpose
- Section 16-16.3 Objectives.
- Section 16-16.4 Land to Which This Ordinance Applies.
- Section 16-16.5 Basis for Establishing the Areas of Special Flood Hazard.
- Section 16-16.6 Establishment of Development Permit
- Section 16-16.7 Compliance
- Section 16-16.8 Abrogation and Greater Restrictions
- Section 16-16.9 Interpretation
- Section 16-16.10 Penalties for Violation
- Section 16-16.11 Designation of Local Administrator
- Section 16-16.12 Development Permit and Certification Requirements
- Section 16-16.13 Elevation Certificate
- Section 16-16.14 Floodproofing Certificate
- Section 16-16.15 Certificate Exemptions
- Section 16-16.16 Duties and Responsibilities of the Local Administrator
- Section 16-16.17 Corrective Procedures
- Section 16-16.18 Variance Procedures
- Section 16-16.19 General Standards for Flood Hazard Reduction
- Section 16-16.20 Specific Standards for Flood Hazard Reduction
- Section 16-16.21 Additions/Improvements (Pre-Firm Structures)
- Section 16-16.22 Additions/Improvements (Post-Firm Structures)
- Section 16-16.23 Recreational Vehicles
- Section 16-16.24 Temporary Non-Residential Structures
- Section 16-16.25 Accessory Structures.
- Section 16-16.26 Standards for Floodplains Without Established Base Flood Elevation
- Section 16-16.27 Standards for Reverine Floodplains with Base Flood Elevations
but Without Established Floodways or Non-encroachment Areas
- Section 16-16.28 Floodways and Non-encroachment Areas
- Section 16-16.29 Drainage, Erosion Control, Storm Water Management
- Section 16-16.30 Development Must Drain Properly
- Section 16-16.31 Storm Water Management
- Section 16-16.32 Sedimentation and Erosion Control.
- Section 16-16.33 Purpose of the Watershed Portection Ordinance
- Section 16-16.34 Duties of the Watershed Administrator
- Section 16-16.35 Appeal from the Watershed Administrator
- Section 16-16.36 Establishment of Watershed Review Board; Powers and Duties
- Section 16-16.37 Establishment of Watershed Areas
- Section 16-16.38 Watershed Areas Described
- Section 16-16.39 Cluster Development
- Section 16-16.40 Buffer Areas Required
- Section 16-16.41 Rules Governing the Interpretation of Watershed Area Boundaries
- Section 16-16.42 Existing Development
- Section 16-16.43 Watershed Protection Permit
- Section 16-16.44 Watershed Occupancy Permit
- Section 16-16.45 Public Health, in General
- Section 16-16.46 Abatement.
- Section 16-16.47 Watershed Boundary Map
- Section 16-16.48 Amendments
- Section 16-17.1 Purpose
- Section 16-17.2 Applicability
- Section 16-17.3 Restrictions and Prohibitions
- Section 16-17.4 General Sign Regulations
- Section 16-17.5 Signs Excluded From Regulations
- Section 16-17.6 Approval Requirements
- Section 16-17.7 Master Sign Plan
- Section 16-17.8 Signs Permitted in All Zoning Districts
- Section 16-17.9 Computation of Sign Area
- Section 16-17.10 Computation of Height
- Section 16-17.11 Signs Permitted in Residential Districts
- Section 16-17.12 Signs Permitted in Non-Residential Zoning Districts
- Section 16-17.13 Church, School, Hospital, or Public Facility Signs.
- Section 16-17.14 Unlawful Cutting of Trees or Shrubs
- Section 16-17.15 Flexibility in Administering the Provisions of this Article
- Section 16-17.16 Nonconforming Signs
- Section 16-17.17 Amortization of Nonconforming Signs
- Section 16-17.18 Enforcement and Remedies.
- Section 16-18.1 Authority
- Section 16-18.2 Purpose
- Section 16-18.3 Goals
- Section 16-18.4 Applicability.
- Section 16-18.5 Permit Required
- Section 16-18.6 Issuance of Permit/Expiration
- Section 16-18.7 Tower Approval Standards
- Section 16-18.8 Denial of Permit
- Section 16-18.9 Continued Compliance Required.
- Section 16-18.10 Removal of Abandoned Towers
- Section 16-18.11 Standards for Commercial Wireless Telecommunications Antennas
- Section 16-19.1 Purpose
- Section 16-19.2 Findings
- Section 16-19.3 Classification of Adult Business Establishments.
- Section 16-19.4 Licenses Required
- Section 16-19.5 License Fees and Terms.
- Section 16-19.6 Application Procedures for Adult Business Establishment License
- Section 16-19.7 Fees
- Section 16-19.8 License Posting and Display
- Section 16-19.9 Inspection.
- Section 16-19.10 License Denial, Suspension, or Revocation; Appeal
- Section 16-19.11 Transfer of License
- Section 16-19.12 Location of Adult Business Establishments
- Section 16-19.13 Additional Regulations for Adult Motels
- Section 16-19.14 Additional Regulations Pertaining to Exhibition of Sexually Explicit Films, Videos, or Live Entertainment
- Section 16-19.15 Additional Regulations for Escort Agencies
- Section 16-19.16 Additional Regulations for Nude Model Studios
- Section 16-19.17 Prohibited Acts and Conduct
- Section 16-19.18 Exterior Portions of Adult Business Establishments
- Section 16-19.19 Signage
- Section 16-19.20 Hours of Operation
- Section 16-19.21 Injunction.
- Section 16-20.1 Number of Parking Spaces Required
- Section 16-20.2 Table of General Parking Requirements
- Section 16-20.3 Parking Requirements for Central Business and Town Center Districts
- Section 16-20.4 Flexibility in Administration Required
- Section 16-20.5 Payment of Fee in Lieu of Providing Required Parking Spaces
- Section 16-20.6 Parking Space Dimensions.
- Section 16-20.7 Required Widths of Parking Area Aisles and Driveways
- Section 16-20.8 General Design Requirements
- Section 16-20.9 Vehicle Accommodation Area Surfaces
- Section 16-20.10 Joint Use of Required Parking Spaces
- Section 16-20.11 Satellite Parking
- Section 16-20.12 Special Provisions for Lots with Existing Buildings.
- Section 16-20.13 Loading and Unloading Areas
- Section 16-21.1 Purpose
- Section 16-21.2 Applicability.
- Section 16-21.3 Criteria for Design.
- Section 16-21.4 Exterior Walls and Facades of Commercial Buildings
- Section 16-21.5 Roof Lines.
- Section 16-21.6 Color
- Section 16-21.7 Topography.
- Section 16-21.8 Lighting
- Section 16-21.9 General Landscaping
- Section 16-21.10 Landscape Buffer
- Section 16-21.11 Sidewalks
- Section 16-21.12 Utility Lines
- Section 16-21.13 Parking Areas
- Section 16-21.14 Mechanical and Utility Areas
- Section 16-21.15 Trash and Containment Areas
- Section 16-21.16 Fences and Walls
- Section 16-21.17 Vacated Buildings
- Section 16-21.18 Variance from Standards
- Section 16-21.19 Additional Standards for Large-Scale Retail Buildings
- Section 16-21.20 Definitions and Explanations of Additional Requirements
- Section 16-21.21 Display of Newsracks and Publications in Town Center,Central Business and Office Institutional Zoning Districts.
- Section 16-22.1 Board Findings Concerning the Need for Requirements
- Section 16-22.2 General Screening Standard
- Section 16-22.3 Compliance With Screening Standard
- Section 16-22.4 Screening Land Use Classification
- Section 16-22.5 Table of Screening Requirements
- Section 16-22.6 Descriptions of Screens
- Section 16-22.7 Width of Landscaping Screen
- Section 16-22.8 Town Center and Central Business District Requirments
- Section 16-22.9 Flexibility in Administration Required
- Section 16-22.10 Combination Uses
- Section 16-22.11 Maintenance of Screening and Landscaping Plantings
- Section 16-22.12 Silvicultural Standards
- Section 16-22.13 Board Findings and Declaration of Policy on Shade Trees.
- Section 16-22.14 Required Trees Along Dedicated Streets
- Section 16-22.15 Retention and Protection of Large Trees
- Section 16-22.16 Tree Credits
- Section 16-22.17 Protection of Existing Vegetation
- Section 16-22.18 Tree Topping
- Section 16-22.19 Shade Trees in Parking Areas
- Section 16-22.20 Mulching and Maintenance on Commercial Property
- Article XXIII - Amendments
- Section 16-23.1 Board Findings Concerning Need for Requirements
- Section 16-23.2 Initiation of Amendments
- Section 16-23.3 Planning Board Consideration of Proposed Amendments
- Section 16-23.4 Hearing Required; Notice
- Section 16-23.5 Board Action on Amendments
- Section 16-23.6 Ultimate Issue Before Board on Amendments
- Section 16-23.7 Protests to Zoning District Changes.
- Section A-1 In General
- Section A-2 Written Application
- Section A-3 Development Site Plans.
- Section A-4 Graphic Materials Required for Plans
- Section A-5 Existing Natural, Man-Made and Legal Features
- Section A-6 Proposed Changes in Existing Features or New Features
- Section A-7 Documents and Written Information in Addition to Plans
- Section A-8 Number of Copies of Plans and Documents
- Section C-1 Design Speed, Sight Distance, and Centerline Radius
- Section C-2 Cut and Fill Slopes
- Section C-3 Sight Distances at Intersections
- Section C-4 Radius at Street Intersections
- Section C-5 Clearing and Grubbing.
- Section C-6 Grading and Compaction
- Section C-7 Street Base
- Section C-8 Street Surfaces.
- Section C-9 Pavement Section Variations.
- Section C-10 Street Cross Sections
- Section C-11 Curb and Gutter
- Section C-12 Sidewalks With Curb and Gutter
- Section C-13 Wheel Chair Ramps
- Section C-14 Storm Water Runoff Control
- Section C-15 Sedimentation Control.
- Section C-16 Specifications on Driveway Entrances
- Section C Standard Drawings
- Section D-1 Paved Surfaces
- Section D-2 Unpaved Surfaces
- Section E-1 Guide for Protecting Existing Trees.
- Section E-2 Standards for Street and Parking Lot Trees.
- Section E-3 Formula for Calculating Shading of Paved Vehicle Accommodation Areas.
- Section E-4 Typical Parking Lot Planting Islands.
- Section E-5 Guide for Planting Trees
- Section E-6 Typical Opaque Screens
- Section E-7 Typical Semi-Opaque Screens
- Section E-8 Typical Broken Screens.
- Section E-9 Guide for Planting Shrubs
- Section E-10 Lists of Recommended Trees and Shrubs
- Section E-11 Small Trees for Partial Screening
- Section E-12 Large Trees for Evergreen Screening
- Section E-13 Large Trees for Shading
- Section E-15 Large Shrubs for Evergreen Screening
- Section E-16 Assorted Shrubs for Broken Screens
- Section G-1 Real Estate Signs
- Section G-2 Restaurant Information/Message Board Signs
ARTICLE I - DEFINITIONS
- Section 17-1 Definitions.
ARTICLE II - AUTHORITY TO REPAIR, CLOSE, AND DEMOLISH CERTAIN DWELLINGS
Section 17-2 Authority to Repair, Close, and Demolish Certain Dwellings Unfit for Human Habitation.