Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option
  • Where can I get information about town-levied assessments?

    For information on town-levied assessments on properties within town limits, contact Town Hall. Examples of this type of levy would include sidewalk projects, sewer line extensions, other special projects.

    Town Hall 828 295-5200

  • Do I need a license to operate a business?

    To operate a business, trade, profession, calling, occupation, selling or offering for sale of articles, goods or services within the corporate limits of the Town of Blowing Rock, one must obtain a Business/Privilege License from Town Hall. This is an annual tax on the privilege of doing business within the Town's jurisdiction. The Town is not a licensing agency for any trade or profession. These licenses are valid from July 1 to June 30 of each year. Fees vary according to the type of business. The terms Business License, Schedule B License, and Privilege License are used interchangeably. For more information, contact Town Hall.

    Town Hall 828 295-5240

  • How can I solve problems about cable television service?

    To resolve problems or make comments about cable television service, call your service provider first. Charter Communities 828 264-9411

    If the company does not respond satisfactorily, contact the Town Manager at Town Hall 828 295-5200

  • What should I do if I have Comments, Compliments or Complaints?

    For general complaints or if department is unknown, contact Town Hall 828 295-5200

  • Where can I get a list of available positions with the Town?

    A list of available positions with the Town of Blowing Rock is available at the Town Hall or online.

    Town Hall 828 295-5200

  • What services are offered by the Blowing Rock Community Library?

    Blowing Rock has a library staffed by Community Club volunteers. The library is located on the corner of Main Street and Park Avenue and is adjacent to Town Hall. The library offers a preschool story time all year round on Monday and Wednesday at 10:30 a.m. During the summer, there is story time for Kindergarten through 5th graders from 1:00 p.m. to 2:00 p.m., Monday through Thursday. All visitors are welcome.

    Summer Hours (May - October) are Monday through Saturday, 10:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. Winter Hours (November - April) are Monday, Wednesday, and Saturday 10:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. For further information contact the Blowing Rock Library 828 295-7000

    Internet access is not available at the Blowing Rock Library, however the Watauga County Library, located in Boone, has internet access. For further information please contact the Watauga County Library 828 264-8784

  • Who assesses my property and motor vehicle tax?

    All real and personal property tax and motor vehicle tax is assessed by your county of residence for citizens of Blowing Rock. Please contact Watauga County 828 265-8021 or Caldwell County 828 757-1321

  • What should I do if I would like to start a new business?

    For owners who are considering starting a new business, please contact the Town Hall, the Department of Planning and Inspections, and the Blowing Rock Chamber of Commerce.

    Town Hall 828 295-5200 - Planning and Inspections 828 295-5240 - Chamber of Commerce 828 295-7851

  • How much do I need to pay for a returned check?

    A fee of $25.00 will be assessed upon the return of the check or draft from the financial institution.

  • When are property taxes due?

    In accordance with North Carolina law, the town levies property (ad valorem) taxes on July 1, the beginning of the town's fiscal year. These taxes are separate from those levied by Watauga County. The taxes are due on September 1, but interest does not accrue until the following January 6. These taxes are based on assessed values as defined by county tax assessors on January 1. To see the Town's current property tax rate, please visit the Town Budget section of the website. The tax rate is based on an estimated total valuation of property for the purposes of taxation of $1,004,200,200 and an estimated collection rate of 97%.

    Town Hall is responsible for the collection of all property tax billings and assessments with the exception of Motor Vehicle Tax. This is assessed by your county of residence for citizens of Blowing Rock and collected by the county. For further information or questions pertaining to tax assessment, please contact Watauga County 828 265-8021 or Caldwell County 828 757-1321.

    For payment or more information, please contact Town Hall 828 295-5200.

  • What does the Town Manager do?

    The Town of Blowing Rock operates under a council/manager form of government. The Town Manager is charged with administering the day-to-day operations of town government as well as implementing the policies enacted by the Town Board of Commissioners. To contact the Town Manager, please call Town Hall.

    Town Hall 828 295-5200

  • When will I receive my utility bill?

    The Town of Blowing Rock sends out invoices for water, sewer and garbage (utility bills) bi-monthly. These are mailed during the last week of the month for the previous two month's service based on usage. The full amount is due approximately 30 days from the date of the bill.

    Town Hall 828 295-5200

  • Where can I get voter registration forms?

    For information on upcoming elections, please contact the Board of Elections in the county you reside in.

    Watauga County 828 265-8061 or Caldwell County 828 757-1300

  • May I participate in the various processes of local government?

    Citizens are encouraged to participate in the various processes of local government and to apply for appointment to serve on the Town's boards and commissions. A list of available positions may be obtained from Town Hall or on our website. Interested citizens would submit a letter expressing interest and a resume detailing relevant experience or knowledge for the board in question to the Town Manager or Town Clerk.

    Town Hall 828 295-5200